Sunday, May 26, 2013

Personal Development through Books

Hey everyone!! Long week, behind us and one last full week ahead of some of us. :) I just wanted to share some books that I love! You can also locate these 2 books on my literature page.

This book is what I would like to call a "saving grace" to many kids and teachers. It is incredibly effective and it works as an "exchange system" so both teachers and students can function together in order for both to be successful. I have learned through teaching these past few years, that not every kids is going to do what you want them to UNLESS you have an approach that not only shows a STRONG relationship as well as a "give and take." In this book it talks about the different personalities and how to reach many of them. It also talks about choices and how to phrase things we say to kids. It never ceases to amaze me how children react totally different based on YOUR approach. (If you yell or speak softly, display empathy with consequences ,show compassion VS. aggression) This is a great book for all people. It is one of those books that can be a great refresher on simple behavior management techniques at school and at home, if you have kids.



This book here, is an awesome book. This is one that I will be reading and re- reading for years to come. It is one of the sweet reminders, that many people (including myself) need to read. It amazes me how when we go through our daily lives, there can be so much going on that we lose sight of the BIG picture. We allow the bad "seeds" in our day, to distract us from so many of the good "seeds" in our watermelon of a life. It's easy to give the small things power over our emotions and our decisions and these small things do not deserve this power. 


I love inspirational books because they can be so "grounding" when it comes to emotions and thoughts. I love the fact that I can relate to many of them and apply them in my everyday life!



“Choose being kind over being right and you'll be right every time.” 
 Richard Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment