Friday, July 26, 2013

Favorite Picture Books for Mentor Texts

Sooo over this past week I have been looking at my library book selection, and thinking about adding some new pieces to my library. 

One thing I LOVE about using picture books as mentor texts is that you can use them to teach several mini lessons and, because we've read the story, and our kids are familiar with it. (Which means we don't have to read the entire book again.) We canjust go to a specific part/page and discuss the author's craft and how they use it. (I love Mentor Texts)

I would love some of your input on different picture books. I have some, that I have loved for years, and can use to teach just about ANY skill, and I also have my favorite authors. 

Some books that I LOVE and believe should be on everyone's shelf, are:

Anything by Patricia Polacco

Anything by Cynthia Rylant

Kevin Henkes Series

The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs


I would love to see what books you find as MUST haves in your classroom! I would love to find some new books! :)

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment